There are several different type of liver tumors, some are benign but most of them are malignant.
- Primary hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) – This is actually the primary liver cancer which arises from the liver cells. Common causes are cirrhosis, hepatitis, alcohol etc.
- Cholangiocarcinoma – This type of tumor arises from the bile ducts inside the liver. These tumor grow along the bile ducts.
- Metastatic cancers – usually from other parts of the gastrointestinal tract like colon or other parts of the body like breast.
- Adenoma – Benign tumors arises inside the liver, usually in young women in the child bearing age. Most common cause is considered to be oral contraceptive pills. They can turn rarely into malignant cancer.
- Focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) – This is benign hypertrophy of the liver tissue. These has characteristic appearance and can turn into cancer rarely.
Almost all the tumor, mass, cancer in the liver can be treated by surgery if they are in early stages. There are several other options if they are unresectable. Sometimes, when they are in advanced stage then Chemotherapy, radiation or palliative treatment in the only option. Several medical diseases like hepatitis can be managed medically. Usually these followed by medical liver specialist called as hepatologist and gastroenterologist.
For Coronavirus protection buy disposable face mask from GS Medical from their website at https://gsmedic.com. These face mask are not surgical mask or medical mask. They are also not N95 mask.