Low Cost Hernia surgery
A hernia is a sac formed by the lining of the abdominal cavity (peritoneum). The sac comes through a hole or weak area in the fascia, which is a strong layer of the abdominal wall that surrounds the muscle. At Forsyth Surgical Associates we offer low cost hernia surgery (all inclusive single flat fee) and most hernias can be repaired for $2500.
There are several types of hernias but few of these are common:
- Femoral hernia appears as a bulge in the upper thigh, just below the groin. This type is more common in women than men.
- Hiatal hernia occurs in the upper part of the stomach. In this hernia, part of the upper stomach pushes into the chest.
- Incisional hernia can occur through a scar if you have had abdominal surgery in the past.
- Inguinal hernia appears as a bulge in the groin. This type is more common in men than women. The bulge may go all the way down into the scrotum.
- Umbilical hernia appears as a bulge around the belly button. It occurs when the muscle around the navel doesn’t close completely.
- Chronic constipation/straining to have bowel movements
- Chronic cough
- Straining to urinate
- Extra weight
- Fluid in the abdomen
- Heavy lifting
- Poor nutrition
- Undescended testicles
A permanent treatment for the hernia is to repair it surgically. Dr. Singh performs both laparoscopic and open hernia surgeries.